Friday, December 11, 2009

Strategy Page Hijacks Analysis

Strategy Page, apparently some sort of news-oriented military info site, went and hijacked one of my analysis pieces back in November. The offending article can be seen here. Now, I don't mind others making full use of my work. If I cared that much, I'd be publishing books. But if you want to use anything or mention my analysis in another piece, at least give credit where credit is due.

What's really funny is that the comments page has one poster opining for the coordinates of the site to examine. Had they linked back to my posting made four days prior to their "news", the guy would've gotten what he wanted!

Sorry for the rant. I'll try and be a bit more productive now.

8 comments:

RAJ47 said...

Hi SOC!!!
You had identified the LPAR in Jun 2009 (much before that in the forum). The analysis has really been hijacked.
I hope "Strategy Page" has sense to apologise and give credit.

Sean O'Connor said...

Yeah, but the actual imagery of the completed site was only posted here last month.

Mark Pyruz said...

I had something similar happen to our site. About a year ago, someone started a blog with the same focus as ours, and went so far as to copy no less than roughly 40 pages from our photo gallery section, including word-for-word use of our captions. I left a comment on the site asking why the author hadn't even bothered to take the time and improve on the originals (which admittedly were in need of such).

About two weeks later, the copy-cat site disappeared.

Unknown said...

SP stuff has never been especially important.

ConorM said...

Yup, and its extremely, blindly, stupidly right wing.

Sean O'Connor said...

Wait a minute, what's wrong with not being a liberal?

Anonymous said...

I thought what was wrong was being anything extremely, blindly, stupidly.

RAJ47 said...

Another case of blatant plagiarism.
http://bbvm.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/worldwide-sam-site-overview/