I'm thinking of ways to upgrade the SAM Site Overview file. There are a few things that need to be done:
1. Re-analyzing Chinese EW sites to accurately reflect deployed radar systems
2. Going over everything and moving some locations to the historical section, such as sites no longer in existance due to razing and reuse of the location for something else
Beyond that, there are some things I'd like to do if and when I get the time:
1. Locating the damn Azeri S-300PMU-2 components
2. Incorporating more of the active and inactive EW sites in the US and Canada
3. Changing the SA-2 range rings to a width of 2.0 rather than the current 3.0 (this brings them in line with everything else and will shrink the size of the Range Rings file)
4. Trying to indicate the actual SA-2, SA-3, etc. variant used by each nation
5. Putting some more detail into the site placemark windows
6. Expanding the SHORAD section
Beyond that, are there any ideas out there for ways to further improve the file? If you've got suggestions, throw 'em into the comments. I'll try and reply to each suggestion and tell you if I like the idea and will do it, or why I might not like the idea and won't.
Either way, the current system has now been in use for a while now, so it's time for a facelift and some general tweaking.